A Distinctive Place
"To manage, conserve and enhance the distinctive natural and cultural qualities of the National Park"
Progress made to achieve the actions in the 2011/12 Annual Action Plan
There are 34 actions identified within the Management Plan Strategic Aim ‘A Distinctive Place for 2011/12
- 68% (23) of actions have been achieved;
- 20% (7) have been substantially achieved; and
- 12% (4) of actions were not achieved.
To discover what the Authority and our partners we have done to work towards achieving 'A Distinctive Place' please click on the outcomes below;
- A distinctive place that will maintain a sense of inspiration and tranquillity.
- The natural qualities and diverse habitats that characterise the changing landscapes will be safeguarded and enhanced.
- The rich historic environment and archaeological heritage will be understood, valued and cared for.
- There is a strong and recognisable sense of identity which is born of the deep rooted cultural heritage yet balances this with a vibrant approach to the future.